Miso Savoury Porridge
I like to think that it's healthy, with the slow release of energy from the oats. The miso is a good vegetable-quality source of B12. B12 has been linked to treating seasonal affective disorder (SAD)g seasontreating seasonal affective disorder (SAD) aka Winter Blues. Eggs are rich in protein and vitamin D (Another Winter Blues Buster)
- 50 g Porridge Oats Jordan's Chunky Traditional
- 1 tsp miso paste I use Miso Tasty
- 450 ml Water
- 1 ramen egg quartered
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Chui Chow Chili Oil optional
In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the water for one minute to warm. Dissolve the miso paste in the water. Stir in the oats.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and stir.
Return to the microwave and cook for a further minute. You are looking for the oats to be cooked, but for it to be a soft almost risotto consistency. You may need to add a splash of water.
Transfer to a bowl and top with spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli oil (if using). Top with the quartered ramen egg.
- You can make this on the stovetop. Follow the instructions on the oats packet.
- You don’t need to make the ramen egg, a soft boiled egg works just fine.
- Try changing the flavour profile by replacing the miso with a vegetable stock cube.